A Complete Guide to Installing a Cluster Mailbox
February 24, 2023
It’s come time to purchase a new cluster mailbox for your property, but you may be feeling a bit intimidated by the installation process. This is perfectly understandable—installing a cluster mailbox can seem daunting to someone who has never done it before.
Fortunately, Salsbury Industries cluster mailboxes are attractive, durable, and extremely easy to install. The installation process is very straightforward and doesn’t require any technical know-how, and it’s an undertaking you can handle with just an assistant on hand for support.
Items required for CBU installation (not included)
- 5/8” and 9/16” wrench
- Level and hammer
- Hammer drill with 1/2” concrete drill bit
- Four 1/2” diameter 5” long concrete anchors
1. Locate the template and gasket from the CBU box.
2. Position the template to the desired location and secure it with adhesive.
3. Drill four 4” deep holes in the concrete using the template.
4. Clear the debris and align the gasket holes to the drilled holes.
5. Place the pedestal on the gasket and ensure levelness.
6. Install the four concrete anchors.
7. Tighten all the anchors with the wrench.
8. Check for levelness.
9. With assistance, mount the CBU unit onto the pedestal, aligning the holes of the CBU with the pedestal.
10. Open the master doors and slide out both bottom shelves.
11. Install four bolts from underneath with the 9/16” socket. Use assistance to steady the unit during bolt installation.
12. Reinstall the bottom shelves.
13. Lifting and disengaging the hold open rods, close the master doors.
And that’s it! For installation of the master arrow lock, contact your local US Postal Authority. For installation onto a new concrete pad, refer to the installation instructions at mailboxes.com.
You can find more specific CBU installation information here, along with helpful diagrams.
Now that you’ve read through this guide, you can see how incredibly easy it is to install a Salsbury Industries cluster mailbox on your property. All you need are the right tools and a friend to help out. Click here to select the cluster mailbox that will best suit your needs.